Vai al contenuto

Pininfarina prepara un Ferrari diverso dal solito...

nunoHGT

Messaggi Raccomandati:

O tolto questa da fchat.com, il utente si chiama Napolis.

The cover will be coming off of something that I feel will be very interesting.

Something new.

For those who will be out there as we get closer let me know and I'll make sure you get into the party...

No. I'll give you a few hints. (As an aside there will be a "Dino" at some point)

Something that's 1.5 inches wider than an Enzo at the rear.

Fully US legal.

If you are at the closing cermonies of the Winter Olympics and watch the sponsors video very carefully you may see a flash of it...

To be perfectly clear I'm talking about a one off that I have commissioned from Pininfarina. It will be one of one. What effect it may or may not have is something that is presently unknowable...

No. Designed by Pininfarina totally in house with minor imput from me, Jesse, and Veronica.

We first met in March of 05. We signed a contract in June. We locked exterior styling in December. Over the fall we did wind tunnel testing of my Enzo and then a full scale body attached to my Enzo of the evolving design.

We learned a lot in the wind tunnel and evolved the design further. I don't think the average person realizes just how much engineering goes into a fully functioning car. Jesse and I were scanned into a super computer so the designers could place us inside to see if we'd be comfortable and could reach the controls and see out. We're doing everything to all applicable motor vehicle regulations including outward vision, roll over, and crash testing. (By super computer) This will be a fully engineered car. Our concept for the passenger is 60ies rally nav/timing station. A tablet PC will have world wide GPS/timing/etc. We'll be using a worldwide cell phone system and mp3 player. Jesse has been involved in all of that. Veronica has give me the courage to be more modern in the overall design and is working on fabrics for the seats. They've come up with something I think is really special

This is exactly what I'm doing, going back to the days of coach built cars. Pininfarina have not only helped me realize my dream they've made me dare to look forward and have come up with something that works on it's own.

Wayne has been in touch with Tom Meade and may have more info. about him I haven't spoken to him for a while.

John

They took my Enzo down to a rolling chassis and then some and mounted a entire new body on the rolling chassis for the wind tunnel tests. The new body that was tested in the wind tunnel was an interim design that evolved into the final design which we locked in December. Massive computer modeling was used to refine the design.

To answer a few questions. This is a total team effort by Pininfarina and everyone at the company is very enthusiastic. The main designer is Jason who designed the Birdcage but there's been a lot of input from everyone including Andrea Pininfarina. I am truly amazed by the attention to detail.

The Person who designed the PF wind tunnel came down from the University and stood in the high speed flow with a pole tipped with a string of yarn and evaluated our design while his daughter and other engineers crunched mountains of data and modelers gently filled and sculpted changes and we tried again. Andrea stood at the nose and conferred with his team as Sal spoke with the engineers at the tail. Jesse and I read the print out and slowly we realized that we had a shape that had less drag, more down force and was more balanced than my Enzo and what a shape it was. The idea that an areo efficient design has to look a certain way or can't be beautiful is simply not true.

Sal is spending a lot of time with the engineers re ordering the Enzo's plumbing/wiring/etc. to make it simpler/easier to service/neater/ and lighter.

We'll take a lot of weight off. The wheels are a unique design and we'll be running different tires (Ultra High Speed Run Flat). The engine cooling and breathing are being studied and I happy with the solutions. The front radiator

will be horizontal as in the 333 which allows a very beautiful nose and better cooling.

Every detail is being designed. The doors seals will have double the seals as the Enzo for example.

There will be a lot of glass and it will be very special. Not yet sure about photo-voltave.

I own the design rights.

As some have guessed she does evoke the wonder and beauty of Ferrari's great sports racing cars but she's modern and timeless as well. This is a WOW car. Direct quotes upon first view have literally been:

Oh MY God

Enormously talented people are working from the heart on this one and some how we all got lucky. This one works. It can stand next to a P4/512S/312PB/333SP and it can stand next to P5, and Dino Competizone as well.

It can stand next to a 250 LM and a series one 250 GTO. It will bring a tear to your eye and while it will remind you of all of the above it somehow will reach forward to something that's so obviously what a Ferrari should be that it will need no badges to tell you what it is.

The erie thing is when the covers came off everyone got very quiet. The:

"Oh My God."'s were whispered.

dsc0200822va.th.jpg

Sapete di qualcosa???? Conoscete la gente in questa foto??

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." -Bertrand Russell

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Uno americano(credo) se a comprato un Enzo e andatto a la Pininfarina e adesso si fa fare una altra macchina basatta sulla Enzo... che dovra essere presentata in estatte, dalle facia di questi in foto direi che il risultatto sembra buono. :D

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." -Bertrand Russell

Link al commento

È molto conosciuto nell'ambiente medicale ed ha una fantastica collezione di Ferrari tra cui una magnifica GTO ’62 blu e una Enzo Grigio Alloy.

Vi posto una foto della GTO che ho fotografato al Mugello.

In ogni caso non sono affatto sicuro che sia lui!!

http://img328.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fotofinalimondialiferrariottob.jpg

Link al commento

È molto conosciuto nell'ambiente medicale ed ha una fantastica collezione di Ferrari tra cui una magnifica GTO ’62 blu e una Enzo Grigio Alloy.

Vi posto una foto della GTO che ho fotografato al Mugello.

In ogni caso non sono affatto sicuro che sia lui!!

http://img328.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fotofinalimondialiferrariottob.jpg

nn sapresti descrivermelo?

Link al commento