volkswagen-kombi-last-edition-4_1200.jpg

volkswagen-kombi-last-edition-5_1200.jpg

volkswagen-kombi-last-edition-6_1200.jpg

volkswagen-kombi-last-edition-7_1200.jpg

volkswagen-kombi-last-edition-8_1200.jpg

volkswagen-kombi-last-edition-9_1200.jpg

volkswagen-kombi-last-edition-10_1200.jpg

volkswagen-kombi-last-edition-11_1200.jpg

Volkswagen of Brazil has announced that it will axe the iconic Kombi (informally known as the Bus in the United States) after 56 years of production. The Kombi is still as popular as ever among Brazilian commercial buyers but a new law that makes ABS brakes and airbags mandatory renders it nearly impossible for Volkswagen to continue building the rear-engined relic.

To celebrate the Kombi's long and successful production run, the last 600 examples built will be part of a special edition called Last Edition. All examples will be painted in a two-tone light blue and white paint job and ride on 14-inch steel wheels mounted on Goodyear whitewall tires. "56 Years - Kombi Last Edition" stickers on the hatch and on the quarter panels will help the limited-edition stand out from other Buses Inside, the 21st century Bus will boast a small dashboard similar to the one that equipped U.S.-bound bay window Buses during the 1970s, a single-gauge instrument cluster and two-tone blue and white upholstery that matches the paint job. All Last Editions will also feature a numbered plaque mounted on the dashboard and a state-of-the-art audio system with an auxiliary jack and a USB port.

Volkswagen will not make any modifications under the hood and the Last Edition will be powered by the 1.4-liter water-cooled straight-four that replaced the well-known air-cooled flat-four unit years ago. Capable of running on either ethanol or gasoline, the mill sends 80 horsepower and 91 lb-ft. of torque to the rear wheels via a four-speed manual transmission.

Volkswagen will open the Last Edition order book before the end of the month. The van will retail for 85,000 Brazilian Reais (approximately $$36,000), about twice the price of a regular van and roughly the same price as a brand new turbocharged Jetta.

My cars...

Autobianchi Y10 1.1 i.e. (1992) - Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet Emotion (2008) - Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge (2017) - Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4 TB GPL Super (2017)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Nostalgici a parte, credo che i brasiliani meritano minivan più moderni.

Non solo minivan :)

Nel giro di uno-due anni gran parte del vecchiume europeo (una su tutte, la Fiat Mille) sparirà per far posto a vetture più moderne ;)

My cars...

Autobianchi Y10 1.1 i.e. (1992) - Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet Emotion (2008) - Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge (2017) - Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4 TB GPL Super (2017)

Link al commento

Non solo minivan :)

Nel giro di uno-due anni gran parte del vecchiume europeo (una su tutte, la Fiat Mille) sparirà per far posto a vetture più moderne ;)

La Fiat Mille sarà in pratica sostituita dalla Palio Fire che è un progetto di solo 10 anni più giovane della Mille.

Tornando IT si sà con cosa verrà sostituito il Kombi?Il Caddy o qualcosa di stretta progettazione brasiliana?

Link al commento

Tornando IT si sà con cosa verrà sostituito il Kombi?Il Caddy o qualcosa di stretta progettazione brasiliana?

Il suo legittimo erede 8-)

volkswagen-t5-transporter-and-multivan-assembly-debuts-in-indonesia-42251-7.jpg

My cars...

Link al commento

Vado subito in Brasile a comprarlo lo affido alle mani di: "Revisione Completa - Over Hauling'" così da farlo diventare un "SuperBulli".

Mi piacerebbe avere un "Bulli" (o simile) furgone/camper.

"Qualche emiro che compra una Ferrari lo troverò sempre. Ma se il ceto medio finisce in miseria, chi mi comprerà le Panda?"

Sergio Marchionne

Follow me on Instagram

Link al commento

Quanto converrebbe comprare questo modello in Brasile ed immatricolarlo fa noi?

Penso che costi di meno prendersi un esemplare decente e rimetterlo in sesto :)

My cars...

Link al commento