Vai al contenuto

Messaggi Raccomandati:

Confirmed: Fiat's Miata-Based Roadster Will Be Called 124 Spider

When asked directly by Auto Express at the Geneva Motor Show if the new model would indeed be badged 124 Spider, Marchionne checked with his execs if the name had been revealed yet, before asking: "Do we want to do it now?" A brand exec confirmed the 124 Spider name before Marchionne added: "There you go – a world class premiere right in this room!"

That Sergio. What a jokester.

Marchionne declined to say whether the 124 Spider would wear a Fiat badge or an Abarth badge, but Auto Express says they expect both. I'd be kind of surprised if it was sold as a standalone Abarth model.

Che "simpaticone" che è Spideronne !!!!! :lol::mrgreen:

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

• Risposte 1,4k
  • Creato
  • Ultima Risposta

I più attivi nella discussione

I più attivi nella discussione

• 1 mese fa...

2017 Fiat 124 Spider To Debut Later This Year

Published: 04/27/2015

BEVERLY HILLS, California— The 2017 Fiat 124 Spider convertible, which shares a rear-wheel-drive platform with the redesigned 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata, will arrive at Fiat dealerships in 2016 after a debut later this year.

The 2017 Fiat 124 Spider is expected to debut at the 2015 Frankfurt Auto Show or the 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show, industry sources told Edmunds.

It will compete with the Mazda MX-5 Miata, Mini Cooper Roadster and Porsche Boxster.

At a recent Fiat event here, Jason Stoicevich, head of Fiat Brand for North America, would not confirm the timetable for the car's world debut or U.S. sales date, but he said the 124 Spider "is a logical car for our brand."

"There is a ton of heritage behind that," he said in an interview. "I think that just kind of puts the bow on the showroom for us and fills it out completely."

The 124 Spider joins a lineup that includes the Fiat 500, Fiat 500e, Fiat 500L and Fiat 500X, a subcompact SUV that goes on sale in May.

The original Fiat 124 Sport Spider was a small 2+2 convertible that was marketed by Fiat from 1966-'80. Unknown is whether the 2017 Fiat 124 Spider will be a two-passenger or 2+2 convertible.

"The 124 Spider is a very recognizable car name," Stoicevich said. "People had a great experience with it so there is this nostalgia around it. It makes perfect sense for the Fiat brand."

Fiat-Chrysler had considered marketing the 124 Spider as an Alfa Romeo. However, it later decided that Alfa Romeo's pedigree required all vehicles to be engineered and designed in-house.

Fiat's small convertible will share a rear-wheel-drive platform with the redesigned 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata, but apparently little else.

Asked if the 124 Spider's design will be similar to the Miata, Stoicevich said: "No, it will not be a rebadged (Miata). We will have our own style, our own stamp on it."

Industry sources tell Edmunds that Fiat's 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine likely will be under the hood of the 124 Spider. The MX-5 Miata is powered by Mazda's 155-horsepower 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. Both vehicles will be assembled at Mazda's Hiroshima, Japan plant.

Fiat has not announced 124 Spider pricing, but it is expected to be similar to the MX-5 Miata's base price of $25,735, including an $820 destination charge. The MX-5 Miata arrives at Mazda dealerships this summer.

2017 Fiat 124 Spider To Debut Later This Year | Edmunds.com

Link al commento

Probabile intendano MY 2017,in USA se fai debutare un modello ad annata già iniziata(in questo caso primo trimestre 2016),automaticamente viene presentato come Model Year per l'anno successivo,almeno così mi pare.

I motori sono come le donne, bisogna saperli toccare nelle parti più sensibili.(Enzo Ferrari)

Link al commento

In my opinion it's just a way to prevent other brands use the name 124 in any form ;) It seems unlikely, to me, that Fiat use the name "124" for a hard top version and "124 Spider" for the soft top. But I may be wrong, of course. :)

--------------------------

Link al commento

Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.

• Crea Nuovo...

Stiamo sperimentando dei banner pubblicitari a minima invasività: fai una prova e poi facci sapere come va!

Per accedere al forum, disabilita l'AdBlock per questo sito e poi clicca su accetta: ci sarai di grande aiuto! Grazie!

Se non sai come si fa, puoi pensarci più avanti, cliccando su "ci penso" per continuare temporaneamente a navigare. Periodicamente ricomparità questo avviso come promemoria.