Vai al contenuto

Quanto ti piace la Maserati Levante 2016?  

230 voti

1. 1. Quanto ti piace la Maserati Levante 2016?

• Molto
    • Abbastanza
    • Poco
    • Per niente

Messaggi Raccomandati:

21 ore fa, Matteo B. dice:

segnalo la presentazione alla stampa a Parma di ieri (20/4)... con relative slides proiettate.

http://www.automoto.it/news/maserati-levante-scopri-tutti-i-segreti-del-suv-modenese-live.html

escludendo supercar e specialities , credo  che questa Levante sia l'auto italiana più avanzata (in rapporto alla concorrenza) lanciata negli ultimi 20 anni almeno. ci sarebbe la 156 (che io, onestamente, non ho mai amato), ma questa credo la superi.

150 kg in meno di Ghibli, maggiore rigidezza, sospensioni DI RIFERIMENTO assoluto e di serie. elettronica nella parte alta della classifica.

gli manca solo una versione ibrida ben fatta, fanno bene a lanciarla per prima su questo modello (come ho letto).

se non si smonta dopo sei mesi  (ahahahaha, ci siamo capiti, non vanno le faccine). è veramente un modello che può fare un gran successo nel lungo periodo.

Secondo me comunque anche 500X rappresenta nel suo campo un prodotto molto avanzato. Crossover di quel segmento che offrano di serie automatici a 9 marce, trazione integrale, fari xenon non ce ne sono molti. 

Il problema e' che clientela a cui si rivolge levante e' abituata a spendere ed a loro il Suvvone del tridente puo' apparire quasi un affare. Quella fiat invece storce il naso sul prezzo, nonostante la ricchezza degli equipaggiamenti e della tecnica della 500X.

Modificato da poliziottesco
  • Mi Piace 7
Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

http://www.drive.com.au/new-car-reviews/maserati-levante-first-drive-review-20160419-goadie.html

Maserati Levante first drive review

Maserati has finally joined the likes of Porsche, Jaguar, Bentley and BMW in the SUV market. And make no mistake, the all-new Levante has been a very long time coming.

The Italian brand more famous for building desirable sports car first unveiled an SUV concept way back in 2003, called the Kubang, but it disappeared without a trace. A second Kubang concept came in 2011 and was set to go into production using the Jeep Grand Cherokee as the starting point thanks to Maserati owner Fiat's acquisition of Chrysler Group during the Global Financial Crisis.

A significant amount of money was invested in that car, reportedly as much as €100m, before Maserati came to an important realisation – it couldn't build any car, even an SUV, based on a Jeep.

So the decision was made to start again and use the recently developed modular underpinnings from the Ghibli and Quattroporte sports sedans as the platform for the Levante.

It only takes a blast up the awesome Parma-Poggio de Berceto road in Italy, a once-famous hillclimb that attracted drivers including Enzo Ferrari and Alfieri Maserati, to understand the benefits of Maserati's decision to start again.

This isn't a Jeep in drag as once feared. The Levante is a sports sedan in the body of an SUV.

The Levante uses the same Q4 all-wheel drive system as the Ghibli which allows for between 50 and 100 per cent of the drive to be sent to the rear wheels. That helps imbue the Levante with a sporty, engaging character that fits with Maserati's sport car heritage.

In Normal or Sport modes, 90 per cent of drive is sent to the rear wheels. But if the car's computer senses a loss of traction it can send extra power, up to 50 per cent of drive, to the front axle.

Coupled with Maserati's decision to stick with hydraulic steering (instead of electric) the Levante feels more like a sports sedan than most of its rivals – which include the Porsche Cayenne, BMW X6 and Jaguar F-Pace.

The steering is a particular highlight, possessing more feedback and feel than most modern electric steering set ups which encourages you to push the Levante harder into corners up the snaking Parma-Poggio de Berceto climb.

But as challenging as the road's combination of hairpin bends and fast sweeping corners is, it also adds a horrible pockmarked surface into the mix to really test a car's suspension. Thankfully for the Levante, Maserati has opted to fit its Air Springs system as standard, which allows you to adapt the suspension to various conditions – on and off-road.

It works brilliantly in all its various settings – Normal, Sport and Off-Road – by isolating the cabin from all but the sharpest and largest of bumps. Even on the pothole-filled roads of rural Italy the Levante felt comfortable and controlled.

The other benefit of the air suspension is it also allows you to adjust the car's ride height depending on conditions - handy if you feel like taking the Levante to the bush. Maserati demonstrated the off-road prowess of its SUV by letting us put it through its paces on several kilometres of rugged terrain - not that many owners will.

While hardly a definitive off-road examination the Levante proved it was capable of getting its big alloy wheels dirty; demonstrating good traction, a comfortable ride and the standard off-road items like hill decent control. So if an owner feels like trekking into nature they can, but the engineers at Land Rover shouldn't lose any sleep over the Levante taking over its turf as the most capable luxury off-roaders.

Power in the Levante comes from the same 3.0-litre V6 turbo diesel found in the Ghibli and Quattroporte that produces 202kW of power and 600Nm of torque. It is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive system.

On paper it uses an impressive - but not class-leading - 7.2-litres per 100km on the combined cycle. In our real world test, that included a combination of some Autostrada cruising, pushing it hard up the hillclimb and traipsing off-road, it used just over 11L/100km – not a bad result given the variety of conditions.

However, while 600Nm sounds like enough on paper, it somehow feels a little underwhelming in the Levante. It's not that the SUV isn't fast but it just lacks that shove-in-your-seat feel that you expect from a proper sporty car.

Once moving, it has excellent performance in the middle of the rev-range, where peak torque sits between 2000-2600rpm. What it lacks in drag racing credibility it makes up for in corner-to-corner performance.

The Maserati also makes a nice deep burble for a diesel, but a criticism about the car is that its voice is not noticeable enough, even when the variable exhaust flap is open to allow more noise into the otherwise quiet and refined cabin.

However, our test car was a pre-production version, and Maserati's top engineer on the project admitted that engine sound was one of their concerns too, that they are considering making it louder on the final production model. We will reserve definitive judgement until we get it on Australian roads.

A twin-turbo V6 petrol engine with 316kW and 580Nm offers plenty of shove and aural appeal, but only available in left-hand drive markets.

A brief blast in the petrol Levante showed it is the choice for those who want an SUV with a splash of theatrics, as its Ferrari-made V6 makes plenty of noise. Unfortunately the business case on right-hand drive versions just doesn't add up yet.

The petrol engine only elevates an already impressive machine.

The Levante's styling is a departure from the Jeep-based Kubang concept, instead taking its lead from Maserati's Alfieri concept car. Its large grille, long bonnet and tapered rear end give the Levante a long, wide and low stance when viewed in the metal - one that doesn't translate in images.

Maserati's interior design stays true to the pattern laid out in the Ghibli with a large steering wheel, sweeping dashboard and generous central touchscreen.

Space inside is impressive, despite its seemingly tight packaging, with adequate leg and headroom for adults in the rear seats.

Although final specifications for Australian cars aren't locked in yet, there is plenty of leather and a selection of wood, gloss and carbon fibre trim options. Unfortunately some of the plastic switchgear doesn't quite feel as premium as the rest of the cabin, but overall the interior is a nice place to be and it lives up to Maserati's premium positioning.

The previously-mentioned touchscreen is actually a major upgrade for the Levante over its sedan siblings. The 8.4-inch infotainment monitor now features captive technology so it functions in the same way as a smartphone, with the ability to pinch to zoom or drag and drop icons.

Apple Car Play and Android Auto were not mentioned during the official launch proceedings but it is believed both systems will be standard when the Levante lands in Australia in December.

Another important technology update for Maserati that comes with the Levante is the introduction of new active safety features including adaptive cruise control and autonomous emergency braking. Forward collision warning, rear cross traffic alert, blind spot warning and lane departure warning will all be available on the Levante and will then filter across to the Ghibli and Quattroporte in the near future – addressing a criticism of the Italian brand's sedans.

Whether those items will be standard or optional remains unknown with Maserati Australia currently in the final stages of locking in the pricing and specification of the Levante at the moment.

But Maserati Australia chief Glen Sealey has already indicated that it is likely to start around the $150,000 mark and come standard with a high level of equipment including full leather interior, reversing camera, parking sensors, navigation, hands-free power tailgate and 19-inch alloy wheels.

Sports and Luxury equipment packages, which are also still being finalised, will be available on the options list as will a first for Maserati – a tow bar.

Regardless of price the Levante is likely to be a sell-out success for Maserati in Australia. The local operation is likely to be supply-limited to approximately 400 examples in 2017, and the first shipment of Levantes due in December are already accounted for.

But even 400 deliveries will almost double the brand's Australian sales, providing good growth while maintaining exclusivity.

Importantly though the Levante deserves to be a success because it is an excellent SUV. Clearly biased towards on-road performance, in that department it excels. It should certainly give anyone considering a Porsche Cayenne, Jaguar F-Pace, BMW X6 and so on pause for thought.

http://driving.ca/maserati/reviews/road-test/first-drive-2017-maserati-levante

First Drive: 2017 Maserati Levante

TABIANO CASTELLO, Italy – I am going to ask a seemingly obvious question. Nonetheless, it’s a serious query, one a few of you – actually, maybe more than a few of you – may have to answer sometime around this coming Labour Day: Would you like a sport-utility vehicle powered by a Ferrariengine?

It doesn’t seem like a serious question, right? I mean, who wouldn’t want an SUV with a Ferrari engine underhood. Come to think about it, who wouldn’t want anything on four wheels powered by a Ferrari engine? Anyone? Anyone at all?

Now I am going to make the question seemingly even ridiculous: How would you like an SUV powered by a Ferrari engine for $85,000?

85,000 bucks? “I thought the bloody engines alone cost that much,” I know you’re saying. $85,000 for an entire SUV – a leather wrapped, luxury SUV no less – and a Ferrari powertrain? And what’s this? It’ll also tow 2,725 kilograms? So, you’re saying an SUV with a Ferrari engine that will tow my Malibu Wakesetter 24-footer for about the price of a Porsche Macan? Now you’re just messing with me.

2017 Maserati Levante
Handout, Maserati

But I’m not. Maserati – conveniently, for the hallucination conjured above, is owned by Fiat Chrysler which, as you know, also owns Ferrari – has taken its Ghibli sedan and crafted a sport brute on its skeleton, like so many luxury automakers before it – Audi, BMW, Mercedes and, now, Jaguar – have similarly done. And, like the Ghibli, this new SUV, the Levante you’ve been reading so much about, is powered by a twin-turbo V6 built in Maranello on the very same production line as engines destined for Ferraris.

And what a gem of an engine it is. An updated version of the 3.0-litre powering the Ghibli sedan, this built-by-Ferrari, massaged-by-Maserati twin-turbo is nothing short of incredible. Smooth and sophisticated as one expects in a luxury sled, it is also – at 345 horsepower for the base version and 424 horses for the S – impressively powerful and surprisingly frugal. But what sets it apart, why your Porsche Macan-owning neighbour is going to be just dripping with envy, is the sound.

2017 Maserati Levante
David Booth, Driving

I often wonder, when I rave about the sounds of internal combustion, whether my musings of exhaust as music fall on deaf ears. Tone is one of the most important reasons that I will lament the passing of the internal combustion engine if electricity replaces gas. Tone is why Ferrari’s 458 will soon be a classic and why the 488 will never be. It’s why Ford’s latest Shelby, the newly released flat plane crankGT350, is destined for the pantheon of great American V8s and why the great, hulking supercharged V8 in the last Shelby, the GT500, will soon be forgotten. Anyone can engineer volume; few can choreograph tone.

It’s especially hard in a V6, making the harmonies spilling out of the Levante’s twin tailpipes all the more impressive. More contralto than basso profundo – nothing with but six pistons can ever emulate a V8’s ability to pound out the bass – Maserati’s is at once frenetic and precise, so seemingly distinct is each individual combustion that one hears every one as individual retort rather than just muddled boom. It helps, of course, that this is an Italian V6, which is the most politically correct way of describing both Latin temperament and exhaust notes. Whatever the case, zipping up and down the gearbox, the high-revving 3.0-litre doing its manic best to emulate a Formula One racer, it’s easy to forget one is behind the wheel of an SUV.

2017 Maserati Levante
Handout, Maserati

And it is very much a sport-utility. Large – the Maserati is longer than Porsche Cayenne in both wheelbase and overall length – the base Levante weighs in at a healthy – as in the operatic definition – 2,113 kilograms. That’s 4,649 pounds, substantial even by SUV standards (about the same as aJeep Grand Cherokee, while the much bigger, aluminum forged Range Rover Td6 is but 102 kilos heavier).

But, the Levante drives much smaller. Flinging through Italian mountaintop switchbacks, it seems to shed four or five hundred of those kilos, the top-of-the-line 424-horsepower version fairly zipping down the straights while Maserati’s “Skyhook” suspension keeps the meaty Pirellis glued to the road. The low centre of gravity – the lowest in the segment, says Maserati – and a perfect 50:50 weight distribution means the steering (blessedly still hydraulic) remains both precise and delicate. There’s none of the impression of an overindulged former athlete past their prime — as so many SUVs crafted from sedan underpinnings are wont. If sport-utilities all handled this adroitly, auto journalists would have to tone down their oft anti-SUV rhetoric.

2017 Maserati Levante
Handout, Maserati

But one expects such con brio from anything Italian, even more so something wearing Maserati’s trident badge. But, what of its utilitarian abilities? Sport is, after all, only half of the SUV formula. How does the Levante measure up with other utes when the going gets, well, rough?

Not too darn bad, thank you very much. No Land Rover Discovery or even Range Rover Evoque, the Levante nonetheless has adequate off-road bona fides (apart from those comparatively “slick” Pirellis). We slogged off-road for a couple of hours and while none of the terrain would challenge aJeep Wrangler, we did venture farther off-road than most Maserati owners ever will, and the Levante remained unperturbed by mud or rut. Maserati’s all-wheel-drive system can vary from a 100:0 rear-to-front torque split to 50:50 in just 150 milliseconds; the variable-speed hill descent control system makes slippery descents a doddle, and thanks to a two-position “off-road” air suspension system, the Levante can boost its ground clearance by some 40 millimetres when gravel turns to actual rock. Indeed, though the Levante’s approach/departure angles – 22 and 26 degrees, respectively – are not as generous as a Range Rover, they’re plenty enough for anything this side of the Rubicon Trail.

2017 Maserati Levante
Handout, Maserati

Other, even more pedestrian, considerations are also well tackled. The Levante’s Touch Control Plus, based on FCA’s UConnect system, is actually superior to many of its Teutonic competitors, and Maserati’s melding of twiddly mouse controller and volume button is pure genius. Leather, even in the base version, is of high quality and, should you really want to flaunt your fashion nous, the Levante is also available in some hide (and silk!) wrought by Ermenegildo Zegna. Legroom in front is plenty generous and even the trunk is spacious. And lo and behold, the Levante even has one of those wag-your-foot-under-the-bumper-to-Open-Sesame automatic trunk lids. I know that might seem an obvious addition to anything deemed a luxury SUV, but it was not so long ago that even the obvious escaped some Italian automakers.

Foibles are few. The rear seats could use a little of the legroom the fronts offer, the seats themselves are a little firm and the Bowers & Wilkins audio system, despite boasting 1,280 watts, can’t match Bang & Olufsen’s incredible sound reproduction. And all that sportiness comes with a price: Even in its Comfort setting (there’s Sport, as well), the adjustable suspension is a little stiff. And the price for that clarity of steering at speed is that it requires a little more effort pulling into a parking lot.

2017 Maserati Levante
Handout, Maserati

Nonetheless, the miracle of this Maserati – and, to a lesser degree, the Ghibli it is based on – is that it offers all the emotional appeal of an Italian sports car with at least a healthy portion of the clinical pragmatism that is, after all, the reason to buy a sport-utility vehicle.

Or as Davide Kluzer, Maserati’s chief press officer, describes the modern Maserati: “Dream cars that can be driven by more people.”

The Levante will be in Maserati dealerships this fall and, though Maserati Canada has not finalized pricing, expect MSRPs to range from $85,000 to $110,000.

:)

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

I 150kg in meno rispetto alla Ghibli si riferiscono alla scocca nuda imho(mi pare di capire che si sia fatto maggiore uso di alluminio e magnesio) che è un dato comunque notevole considerando che è suv vs berlina.

Da scheda tecnica ufficiale Maserati la Ghibli S Q4 pesa 1870kg, Levante S 2109kg, entrambi Kerb weigh.

Su Levante ci sono anche le sospensioni ad aria che imho incidono sensibilmente sul peso, una 80ina di kg +o-.

• Mi Piace 1

I motori sono come le donne, bisogna saperli toccare nelle parti più sensibili.(Enzo Ferrari)

Link al commento

3 ore fa, Bauhaus dice:

Avvistate 2 levante in settimana sulla A1 direzione Bologna

---

Inviato non da computer

Come ti sembra dal vivo ? Si presenta bene ?:)

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

14 ore fa, Bauhaus dice:

Il frontale e' da10 e lode

Molto anonimo a mio avviso il posteriore, no buono per una Maserati

Inviato non da computer

Maserati é dai tempi della 3200GT e della Quattroporte I che non tira fuori un sedere veramente degno di nota, IMHO. 

Non che siano mai stati brutti, ma sempre un po' anonimi.

• Mi Piace 2

La teoria è quando si conosce il funzionamento di qualcosa ma quel qualcosa non funziona.

La pratica è quando tutto funziona ma non si sa come.

Spesso si finisce con il coniugare la teoria con la pratica: non funziona niente e non si sa il perché.

Link al commento