Vai al contenuto

F1 2026 - Spy, Notizie, Ecc

jeby

Messaggi Raccomandati:

17 minuti fa, AndreaB scrive:

Ma.. se lo avranno tutti, anche chi è davanti... non ci saranno sorpassi............. 😅

Da quello che ho capito, chi è davanti si vedrà di diminuire l’apporto del ibrido sopra i 290 km/h, mentre per chi è dietro aumenterà.

• Tristezza! 3

Schermata 2021-05-22 alle 10.10.43.png

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

In Indycar usano il P2P e funziona molto bene, bisogna aspettare il regolamento sportivo per vedere come si potrà utilizzare.

10 minuti fa, Unperdedor scrive:

Da quello che ho capito, chi è davanti si vedrà di diminuire l’apporto del ibrido sopra i 290 km/h, mentre per chi è dietro aumenterà.

Dai 290km/h l'apporto del motore elettrico inizia a calare (anche per i motivi che già sappiamo riguardo le BEV) fino ad annullarsi a 355km/h, e sarà così per tutti in qualsiasi situazione.

L'overboost del Manual Override Mode è una cosa a parte...

Modificato da Osv
  • Mi Piace 1

c0644d00-880e-44f4-b8b9-2f250e61acca.jpeg.1a1c467178d2d65d24965332155965b1.jpeg

Link al commento

Vi lascio questi 2 articoli del sito ufficiale della F1 con degli approfondimenti riguardo:

aerodinamica/telaio

EXPLAINED: From more agile cars to 'X-mode' and 'Z-mode' – unpicking the 2026 aerodynamics regulations

Formula 1 cars are going to look different from 2026 with new rules dictating that the machines are smaller, lighter and more agile. After the FIA revealed the new set of aerodynamics regulations, we bring you the highlights…

Okay, you’ve piqued my interest. How much smaller are we talking?

The sport's governing body have moved to create a more agile car that's both shorter and narrower than the current F1 machines.

They’ve slashed the wheelbase (length) by 200mm (around the length of your average reusable drinks bottle) to 3400mm while the width has been cut by 100mm (the length of your average chocolate bar) to 1900mm. The floor width has been cut by 150mm, too.

Reducing the size must have slashed the weight, then?

You bet! Bringing the weight down was a key goal of the revised 2026 regulations with the rulemakers managing to remove 30kg (around the weight of an adult dalmatian, apparently) versus the 2022 machines to get the weight down to 768kg. The FIA say this is 722kg car and 46kg (estimated) tyres.

In tandem, the rules have cut downforce by 30% and reduced drag by 55% in a bid to improve efficiency and handling – and make the cars more raceable.

What about the tyres. Are they changing, too?

Yes and no. The 18-inch wheel size which replaced the former 13-inch spec in 2022 remains – however there are a few minor tweaks.

The width of the front tyres has been cut by 25mm and the rears by 30mm which will cut weight, with the FIA saying there will be a “minimal loss” of grip.

“Looking at the simulations that we got from the teams, loads in 2026 will be a bit lower compared to now – but you know how good the teams are at developing the cars,” said Pirelli motorsport boss Mario Isola.

“Even if they start with lower loads, they will increase quite fast in the first season for sure so we made a proposal that we believe is a good compromise between weight and load capacity of the tyre.

“From September, we will have the first physical prototypes and test them to assess durability, and hopefully, we’ll put them on track by the end of September.”

Isola added that he reckons the changes will save around 5kg per set of four tyres.

I hear there’s a cool new active aerodynamics system being introduced. What’s this all about?

Indeed there is. The 2026 machines will feature movable front and rear wings to promote closer racing.

The front wing will be 100mm narrower and have a two-element flap. The rear wing will also have three elements, with the lower beam wing removed.

In a system similar to the DRS overtaking aid, when standard Z-mode is deployed, the elements on the front and rear wings will open and be angled to allow cars to deliver greater cornering speeds.

Drivers can then switch to X-mode, which is a low-drag configuration that sees the flap angle change on both the front and rear wing to maximise straight-line speed.

The system will be driver-activated and available in certain parts of the track where lower levels of downforce are safe.

The FIA say that based on current discussions, they are anticipating it will be available for any straight line longer than three seconds.

I’m suitably intrigued. Anything else of note?

In a further bid to allow for cars to run closer together, front wheel arches will be removed and part of the wheel bodywork will be mandated in a bid to achieve optimal wake performance.

The cars will also feature in-washing wheel wake control boards, which will sit on the front of the sidepods to further assist with controlling the wheel wake.

They will also have a “partially” flat floor and a lower-powered diffuser, which should reduce the ground effect and reduce the reliance on ultra-stiff and low-set-up – thus easing the issues teams have suffered with bouncing and porpoising.

I understand there’s been further improvements in terms of safety, too?

Yes, that’s right. The front impact structure (FIS) regulations have been revised with a two-stage structure introduced in a bid to prevent incidents that have occurred in recent years where the FIS has broken-off close to the survival cell after the initial impact, leaving the car unprotected for any subsequent impact.

Side intrusion protection has been increased, too, particularly around the cockpit while the protection around the side of the fuel cell has more than doubled. The FIA say all this has been done without adding any weight.

Roll hoop loads have been increased from 16G to 20G in line with other single seater formulas – while test loads have risen by 26kN to 167kN.

Lateral safety lights will be fitted to identify the ERS (Energy Recovery System) status of a car, when it has stopped out on track, thus further protecting the driver and the marshals.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article/explained-2026-aerodynamic-regulations-fia-x-mode-z-mode-.26c1CtOzCmN3GfLMywrgb2

power unit

EXPLAINED: More electrical power, more overtaking aids, more sustainable – the inside scoop on the 2026 power unit regulations

Formula 1 is set to get more powerful and be kinder to the environment from 2026, thanks to new power unit regulations announced today by the FIA. The rules run for pages and pages, so let us bring you the highlights.

Okay, hit me. When you say more powerful, what are we talking? And how have they done it?

Two very good questions. The current 1.6-litre, V6 turbocharged hybrid internal combustion engine – already the most efficient engine in the world – has been given a facelift.

From 2026, it’ll feature a far more powerful battery component that will allow it to generate three times the electrical power produced by the current hybrid components, rising from 120kW to 350kW.

And even though the power from the engine element drops from between 550-560kW to 400kW, overall there will be more power available and it’ll be produced more sustainably, from the world’s most efficient hybrid engine.

Nice, I like the sound of that. And what’s this I hear about more energy being recovered during braking?

You’ve got good sources! It’s true – the amount of energy recovered from braking is doubled to generate around 8.5 megajoules per lap.

What is the tangible benefit of an increased amount of energy recuperated through braking I hear you ask?

I’m meant to ask the questions…

Sorry. Well anyway, higher acceleration out of the corner, due to an additional 120 horsepower, plus cars which are 30 kilograms lighter (more on that in our aerodynamics explainer) and less drag will lead to additional energy recovery at the end of a straight.

Cars will have three times more electric braking power – while different energy harvesting strategies will be available too, which means drivers can be more creative with how they utilise the extra energy they’ve collected.

Now while we’re talking about extra energy, can you explain what this manual override mode is all about?

Sure, this is a new feature that has been added to the 2026 rules in a bid to improve overtaking opportunities.

How does it work? Well, while the energy deployment of the leading car will taper off after 290kph, reaching zero at 355kph, the following car can benefit from the ‘MGU-K Override’ which provides 350kW all the way up to 337kph – that works out at around 0.5MJ of extra energy.

It can be used anytime a driver is within one second of the car in front.

Lovely stuff. Switching topic slightly – the new rules seem to have attracted a lot of engine manufacturers…

They have indeed. From 2026, there will be six manufacturers involved.

Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault have committed to remain in the sport, with Honda returning, Audi joining for the first time and Ford teaming up with Red Bull Power Trains.

The newcomers are said to have been attracted by the opportunity to develop a hybrid engine with a high energy recovery capacity, close to a 50-50 energy split, which in turn helps them develop technologies that are relevant to the road car arm of their businesses.

The removal of the MGU-H, which has proved a tricky component to master, was a popular move, too.

And they love the idea of running 100% sustainable fuels, given it supports their respective wider company goals of building to a more sustainable future.

Ah, yes. 100% sustainable fuel. Tell me more.

Before 2022, cars were running on fuel containing 5.75% bio-components. That ratio rose to 10% in 2022 through a move to E10 fuel (E stands for ethanol, 10 refers to the percentage in the mixture).

From 2026, following intense research and testing with Formula 1 partner ARAMCO, the fuel in every race car will be fully sustainable.

That means no new fossil carbon will be burned. Instead, the carbon will be derived from non-food sources, genuine municipal waste or even out of the atmosphere.

The fuel will also be ‘drop-in’, which means it can be used in almost any internal combustion engined vehicle around the world. By 2030, there will be around 1.2bn such cars on the road worldwide and thus fuel developed in Formula 1 could be used to reduce emissions.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article/explained-2026-power-unit-regulations-fia.68izKQ2tn1voQPWvgLVMXN

c0644d00-880e-44f4-b8b9-2f250e61acca.jpeg.1a1c467178d2d65d24965332155965b1.jpeg

Link al commento

Ho letto tutto. Io capisco che è ancora molto prematuro, che nessuno ancora può sapere come andranno queste macchine in pista o come verranno gestiti questi trick per i sorpassi, però sulla carta mi sembra un regolamento veramente orrendo. I motori termici saranno ridicoli, le macchine rimarranno grosse e pesantissime (770 kg sono sempre un’enormità, ammesso che con tutte quelle batterie si riesca ad arrivare a quella cifra, e di sicuro per almeno i primi due anni tutte le macchine saranno abbondantemente sovrappeso), tutta quella aerodinamica attiva servirà solo a vedere degli inutili sorpassi in rettilineo. In più, tutto il presunto effetto inwash per permettere a una macchina di rimanere in scia a un’altra verrà probabilmente annullato dalla creatività dei progettisti (esattamente come è successo in questa generazione di macchine), e poi ci sono tutti questi dubbi sul fatto che l’energia elettrica possa durare per l’intero giro rischiando che una macchina si trovi improvvisamente con 400 cavalli in meno. 
A questo punto spero che la ratifica finale, necessaria per l’adozione di questo regolamento, non avvenga mai. Oltretutto visto che si sono già resi conto che con gli efuel si potrebbero avere di nuovo dei motori termici potenti, efficienti e con bassissime emissioni (o zero emissioni, non so), perché non buttare via questo accrocchio regolamentare demenziale, eliminare finalmente la parte elettrica, inutile e pesantissima, e tornare a macchine semplici e leggere? O magari, se la F1 vuole proprio continuare con questo greenwashing, mantenere queste Power Unit, che ormai hanno raggiunto un’efficienza mostruosa, alimentando il termico con i carburanti ecologici.

Modificato da Unperdedor
  • Mi Piace 2

Schermata 2021-05-22 alle 10.10.43.png

Link al commento

La cosa buffa è che il nuovo regolamento relativamente alle PU (no mgu-h e ice tecnologicamente ridicola) è stato spacciato come un modo per rendere la F1 più attraente ai nuovi potenziali entranti attraverso l'impostazione di una barriera economica all'entrata più bassa. Mi chiedo cosa c'entri tutto questo con il fatto che nel "retrobottega" della F1 Audi stia spingendo per portare il budget cap sopra i 200 mln dal 2026....

• Mi Piace 1

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

una domanda da ignorante, ma a livello sportivo, che differenza c'è tra DRS e Override cazzi e mazzi, che differenza c'è? A me il secondo sembra addirittura peggio del primo 

Link al commento

3 minuti fa, Aymaro scrive:

una domanda da ignorante, ma a livello sportivo, che differenza c'è tra DRS e Override cazzi e mazzi, che differenza c'è? A me il secondo sembra addirittura peggio del primo 

La differenza penso che stia nel fatto che il drs sotto il secondo puoi attivarlo sempre e comunque nelle zone drs, l'override puoi utilizzarlo ma metti sotto sforzo la batteria (usura) e potrebbe portarti a dover risparmiare successivamente per ricaricarla o addirittura a non poterla utilizzare. Sotto questo aspetto è molto più "democratico" del drs.

Link al commento